Warrior Cats Fun!!!

Please login or become a member of Warrior Cats Fun so you can have some fun with the other members!!! Smile

This is where you can RP, chat, and just hang out! Come join today! We allow users of all ages!

Latest topics

» WaterClan Symbol contest!!!!!!
Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:33 pm by SilverFlight

» Dark Forest Roleplay
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:58 pm by SilverFlight

» WaterClan RPing thread one
Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:28 pm by SilverFlight

» StarClan RP
Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm by SilverFlight

» Favorite Clan
Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm by SilverFlight

» Snow's past
Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:25 pm by SilverFlight

» Warriors Thunder and Lightning
Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:42 am by SilverFlight

» NEW ERIN HUNTER SERIES COVER RELEASED!
Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:37 pm by Mistystar

» The Shadows Among Us (Destiny's Path)
Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:41 pm by Skyleaf

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month

Flawless...

Flawless...

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 pm

This is off topic, but it's a story.

Flawless

“Are you sure you want to do this? She could grow up and hate you for it.”
    “I’m positive. I want her and her brother to grow up away from all of the fame. When she’s ready for it, we can tell her.”
    “You’re basically asking that I raise your daughter and not tell her that you are her father? How and why would I do that?”
    “You can find a way to manage. I’ll send more than enough to provide for her and make sure she has what she needs. What I’m asking you to do is simple. Just raise her away from Hollywood and all the problems that would come with it. I don’t want her like the other stars kids who grow up spoiled and are brats their whole lives. That is not the life I want for my kids.”

“I understand that, but you’re sure this is the answer?”

“Yes. It has to be. Jaci and I talked it over for hours. How else can we keep her away and hidden from the cameras? We had the same discussion when we did the same thing with Shane. His arrangement is working so far. He has no idea who his parents are and the press have no idea where he is.”

“I will do it, but you must promise me one thing.”
    “What’s that?”
    “You will claim her as yours on her thirteenth birthday.”
    “Of course I will if it means you will raise her. May I ask, why then?”
    “I have my reasons. A girl should not be raised by her grandmother her whole life, she must know her father and mother sometime.”
    “Then it’s a deal. She must also be able to sing extremely well by that time. I will claim my daughter on her thirteenth birthday, you will raise her until then. I will send money to pay for everything she needs and more. Please make sure that she knows nothing about her older brother. He is three now, I will claim him on his thirteenth birthday as well.”

“I love you and be careful. Remember, there is no going back when you send your little girl to me. You can’t see her until she is thirteen.”
    “I know. Jaci and I hate that it has to come to this.Thank you so much for doing this mom.”
    “I love you and be careful what you say. The press know that you have a daughter, I saw it in the paper. They also knew you had a son, but that died down.”
    “If I had know being famous was this much work, I’m not sure I would have done it. I don’t want my kids growing up that way because of me. The people I’ve met around here are just insane. They have no respect for anything.”
    “That’s why I’m going to raise Jamie?”
    “Yes. I don’t want her or Shane to be like that. My best friend is raising Shane in Texas the same way you are with Jamie.”
    “We will make arrangements later to get her here. She can’t fly half way across the country alone.”
    “Thank you for doing this. It’s kind of a big commitment to ask of you.”
    “Don’t worry about it. I will take very good care of your daughter. You are a star now after all.”
    “Mom, that is exactly the crap I am trying to get my daughter away from.”

“I see your point.”
    “I should go, my rehearsal starts in a minute.”
    “Okay. You or Jaci can call when you’re ready to send her over here. We can make arrangements then.”
    “Thank you for doing this. I promise to repay you someday.”
    “Good luck and goodbye.”
    “Love you.”
    “I love you too.”

“I hope I did the right thing.”

“I’m sure you did. I can see our son’s point of view with not wanting her raised in Hollywood.”

“They did the same thing with Shane when he was her age.”

“Yes they did, but we haven’t seen him since he was born and he’s three now. Imagine how Jaci must feel giving up her kids this way.”

“Well I heard she was filming a new movie again so she doesn’t have too much spare time on her hands.”

“But still. Could you imagine giving up our son to someone else to raise?”

“No but we must have done a good job judging how many people love him.”

“I miss him. I hope Hollywood treats him well.”

“I’m sure it does. When do we get the girl?”

“We still need to arrange a time. They really can’t keep her locked in that mansion of theirs too much longer. The press must be going nuts about her and why they keep her hidden.”

“Sooner the better then. I wonder how she’ll like Colorado compared to California.”

“She’ll probably forget California as she gets older.”

“We can hope. She needs to be able sing and be comfortable in front of a crowd when she turns thirteen.”

“She could be a star bigger than her father.”

“Won’t that be a day. Jamie, Shane, Jaci and ????? all performing on stage.”

“Shane won’t be claimed for another ten years and Jamie for twelve. We have quite some time to dream.”

“Jamie! Save me a seat at lunch!”

“Okay!” I called back through the crowded hallway. Rushing to the sixth grade wing of the school and into the English classroom I drop my books in the back of the room and relax. My teacher, Mr. Brady, looked up and scowled. Go figure. When the bell rang to begin class, I smiled. As the teacher schuffled up to the front of the room to explain the test he expected us to fail today, I let my mind wander. I pretty much had this test down.

“How do you think you did on the English test today?” My best friend, Kendall, asked me.
    “Good. It was really easy. What did you get for number 18?” I asked her.
    “Subordinating conjuctions. You?”
    “Same.”
    “Have you heard from your dad yet this month?” She asked quietly.
    “No. I’m hoping there’s something for me when I get home. Grandma said she talked to him earlier.”
    “You still don’t know who he is?”
    “Just that he and mom are famous.” I replied, shrugging my shoulders.
    “Its okay. Text me when you get home if he sent you something. This concerns me too you know.” She pointed out.
    “Yeah I know. Sorry to drag you into this mess. When I learned I could tell someone what I knew already about my family I just told you and didn’t think about it. What are you doing this weekend?”
    “Not much. Remember we have voice lessons at four tomorrow. I would rather you not skip those even if you are a better singer than me.”
    “Grandma had me in voice lessons as long as I can remember. Must have something to do with my family. Anything out of the usual I can just blame them. I don’t remember my parents at all, but Grandma and Grandpa made some kind of deal with them to raise me. Guess I’m too much work for them to do it themselves.”
    “Jamie, you know that’s not true. Your parents care, that’s why they sent you to live here in the first place. Personally, I’m glad you live here.”
    “Thanks. Grandma and Grandpa have all these special things to do with me though. I need to take voice and dance lessons. Who requires their kid to sing and dance? I also have certain assigned chores that I don’t think Grandma came up with.”
    “You know that you’re special and now I get to be special with you. Did you see that news article about the boy in Texas? His dad is that singer that has been famous for a long time but still has amazing music. Anyways, he and his famous wife drove down there from California to be at his kids birthday and that is the first time the boy remembers meeting his dad. Isn’t that so cool?”
    “Yeah I saw that. It looked like the parents were really happy to see him. Then there was that other guy that looked like he was the one who took care of the boy. Do you remember the kids name? He looked older than us.”
    “I think it was like Shawn or Shane or something like that. The only reason I remembered it was cause that kid was h-o-t hot! The mom was an actor I think. Why do you think they never saw the boy until his birthday?”
    “Maybe he was like me.” I grumbled.
    “Yeah maybe he’s your long lost brother!” Kendall joked. Laughing, we finish our lunch and head to our next classes.

“See you after gym!” I hollered to her. Looking over her shoulder, she nodded and kept walking.

When I got to gym, a group of kids were standing in front of the locker room door chattering excitedly. Asking a girl standing next to me what was going on, I don’t hear her reply, because at that moment our teacher, who we call “Coach”, came and yelled at us for not getting ready for class. We all fell silent and looked at him. He fell silent and glared back at us. I always wonder why people like that are teachers.

“The door is locked.” One of the more courageous girls pointed out helpfully.

“Well open it. Don’t be late for class.” Coach threatened and stalked away. Rolling our eyes, we all stand there and look at each other.

“Now what?” The girl next to me asks the crowd. “We better solve this quick or we have extra push-ups for the rest of our lives.”

Thinking fast, I pull a hair clip out of my hair and insert it in the lock. “Does anyone know how to pick a lock better than me?” I ask.

“I do.” A small girl known for not saying much stepped forward. In a matter of moments, the door was open and we all ran to change for gym.

“I told you not to be late, but did you listen? No! Everyone drop and give me twenty!” Coach yowled.
    “The locker room door was locked! How were we supposed to come early?” Someone wailed.
    “I told you to fix the problem and come to gym class. It’s not my fault if you’re late.” He pointed out with a sneer.
    “Just do the push-ups. They’re not bad for you.” Another logical person adressed the crowd. Groaning, I agreed. Dropping to the floor, I did the push-ups and rubbed my now sore arms. Glaring at the coach, I remembered what my grandma would say.
    “These people are all over, you just need to learn to deal with them the right way and be the better person.” She was full of quotes like that. I don’t think she usually meant to tell me to be better than my teachers, but that’s what I thought of. See how well I listen to advice.

“How was gym?” Kendall asked with a knowing sympathetic smile. We were sitting near the front of the bus because we got off first.
    “Oh it was great fun.” I teased her.
    “I have it Monday. I hope you didn’t put Coach in a bad mood.”
    “Well he has a few days to cool off if he is. He’s crabby and likes shouting every day though.” I pointed out. “If he hates kids so much why is he a teacher?”
    “I don’t know. Why does anyone want to be locked in a room with kids all day? I’m not going to be a teacher. I want to be a singer or an actress.” Kendall told me.
    “I totally agree with you. I’ve had enough school, I don’t want to come back and live and breathe it for the rest of my life.”
    “It’s my stop. Bye Jamie. See you tomorrow at voice lessons! Thank goodness it’s Friday. Two days before we have school again!”
    “Yes. Don’t forget my birthday is next week. I’m turning twelve! I’m older than you! Only by a few months though. See you tomorrow.” As Kendall got off the bus, I sat and lost myself in thought. My house was only about two minutes from hers, but it seemed to drag on forever. When the bus finally pulled to a stop by my grandparent’s driveway, I got out and took a breath of cool spring air. Turning to face the driveway and house, I begin the long walk through the decorative wrought iron gates to the house.
    My grandparent’s house is an old ranch style farm house. The farm itself was run down, but the house was in great condition thanks to Grandpa. He put his whole life into this house and it was beautiful. It was painted dark brown with carefully guided ivy around the windows. From the road you could see the two main windows and a beautiful life size sculpture of a wild horse. The whole scene was accented by two great pine trees on the outsides of the house. Somewhat ruining my beautiful picture was a strange car sitting in the driveway.
    Reaching the house, I heard an unfamiliar voice coming from the living room. Pulling the door open and dropping my bag silently on the floor, I sneak in and listen. A strange man was sitting on the couch talking to my grandparents. He had a brown beard that was neatly trimmed and dark brown hair that was nearly black. He seemed to have enough hair gel in to make his head waterproof. Smiling silently to myself, I hear the last part of his sentence.
    “-well as we could have hoped for. Just as long as she doesn’t suspect anything I see no reason to tell her early. I ‘ll talk to my bosses but I think they’ll agree. You seem to be doing a great job.” Thinking I had been standing here long enough, I backed quietly from the doorway and back down the hall. Picking up my bag, I walk down to the old barn and to my favorite place to think. Back in the days when there were animals on the farm, Grandpa had multiple horses he trained and sold. I had never ridden a horse, but there was an old saddle on a saw horse that I had sat on since I was young. It was a great place to sit and ponder the conversation I had just overheard.
    On the plank walls of the barn were many old treasures. Lassos, ropes, bridles, halters and anything else it seemed you could ever want for a horse was hanging in the barn. It’s not dirty, just old. One stall at the end that had become a chicken coop clucked softly. Bales of straw lined one wall and nails poked out holding other pieces of unused collectibles. My thinking place.
    When I heard the front door hinges creaking open and a car motor starting, gran calling my name for supper and I finally left my safe little hideout and ran to the house. Hoping we were having something good for supper, I opened the door and peered inside. The hair-gel guy was gone and Grandma and Grandpa seemed to pretending nothing was going on.
    “Who was here when I got off the bus?” I asked Grandma innocently.

“Just a family friend. He was checking on how we were doing in our age. Honestly, the amount of people who worry about us! We have been doing just fine for years before now. Really, why all the fuss?”

“It’s okay Grandma. People are just showing they care.” I soothed her. On the inside I was wondering what she was hiding from me.

“Oh, Darrell the steak is burning!” She screeched at my Grandfather.

“I’ll get it!” He volunteered sarcastically.
    Rolling her eyes at him as he pried himself off the couch, I laughed to myself. The love never stops around here.

When our burned steak was served and we were all at peace with ourselves, the normal questions came out.
    “How was your day?” Grandma would ask.
    “Good. Can I have the mashed potatoes?” I reply.
    “Did anything interesting happen at school?”
    “Nope.” I tell her. We have the same conversation every day and she still keeps asking. Nothing ever happens at school. Usually.

“What are we doing this weekend? Can I have Kendall over after our voice lesson?” I ask Grandma. Kendall came over after most lessons.
    “If it works for her family then yes. If not then you can help us clean the basement. It’s been needing it for years and all those people who worry about us don’t notice that we are trying to get things done when they stop by. When they have a spare moment they come over and now it’s their fault my basement is a mess. Anyways just let me know by tonight if she is coming or not. What do you want for your birthday?”
    My grandma is like that. She can go on and on about something and work herself into a rage and all of a sudden change the subject like it didn’t matter.
    “May I be excused?” I asked the room.
    “Yes. Just clear your place and do your homework if you have any.”Grandpa answered.
    “Think about what you want for your birthday. I still need to go shopping.”

A year has passed since that day. I’ll be thirteen next week. I remember that day because of the strange man who was at our door. I had met most of Grandma and Grandpa’s friends by this time and I never forgot how Gran had brushed me off and never spoke of it again. I still don’t know my family but I learned something new. When I do meet them, Kendall can be with me. My dad told Gran that if was going to be easier for me, I could tell someone what I knew. Of course, I told Kendall. That was a couple years ago. Now, Kendall can be with me when I do finally meet my dad. But I still don’t when that’s going to be. I officially hate secrets. My life is one big secret from the world. I know I was secretly hidden and it was supposedly for my own good. Yeah I’m great not knowing my family. In fact, if I ever do meet my parents, they are going to regret sending me to Grandma and Grandpa. I don’t not like my grandparents, I just need a real family. I spend most of my time with Kendall’s family but it’s not the same. Her brother is awesome. He has sandy brown hair, bright blue eyes and a smile that can light up the world. No I am not in love with him. He is two years older than us and is always glad to see me. At least, I think he is.

Mistystar
    WaterClan Leader

I like it!

Post by Mistystar on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Cool! It's really good!
    Skyleaf

Yea!

Post by Skyleaf on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:18 pm

It was a great story Stonesong Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy cheers cheers
    Mistystar
    WaterClan Leader

Yes

Post by Mistystar on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Stonesong is a great writer, but she recently told me that she will not be continuing this story. No
    Skyleaf

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Skyleaf on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 pm

That's sad!!! Sad
    Mistystar
    WaterClan Leader

Re: Flawless...

Post by Mistystar on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Now she is making a weird story that she won't let anyone read.
    Skyleaf

Post by Skyleaf on Sun May 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Interesting. Wink

Signature:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Smile Smile Smile  "Um, Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you whereth her drapes?" Smile Smile Smile

Iron Man

"Looks like somebody's having a busy after life."
    Mistystar
    WaterClan Leader

Post by Mistystar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Well, the secrets out!! She wrote "The Promise of Glory, which will be a trilogy, eventually.
    Skyleaf

Post by Skyleaf on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Awesome!!!

Signature:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Smile Smile Smile  "Um, Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you whereth her drapes?" Smile Smile Smile

Iron Man

"Looks like somebody's having a busy after life."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 pm